Our Leadership Table
Safe Communities Wellington County is proud to be a leader in promoting safe behaviours across the County.
Safe Communities Wellington County was created with the vision of making Wellington County the safest and healthiest place to live, work and learn in Canada, and we’re proud to be leading the charge in creating safer communities in Wellington County and across Canada. As such, the leadership table will be the ongoing custodian of the Community Safety and Well-Being Plan for Wellington County. The key roles for Safe Communities Wellington County Leadership Table are:
- Identify community safety and well-being issues and determine the best course of action, such as adding an Action group, tasking an Action Group, or identifying a body to address the issue.
- Provide support to action groups, municipal safe community groups, and organizations by providing resources, funding, and other support as required.
- Actively recruit individuals and organizations to sit on the Leadership Table and Action Groups.
- Perform environmental scans to identify issues and target individuals and organization for recruitment to the Leadership Table.
- Provide a quarterly update to the Police Services Board on issues and plans, and present annually on progress and achievements.
- An annual update to the County of Wellington
- Regularly seek input and data from community partners.
If you are interesting in making an impact on injury prevention across Wellington County, join the Leadership Table by contacting the program coordinator at (226) 820-1413.